Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New Juice Recipe: Green Grapefruit Juice

So I'm on day 10 of my juice feast, and yesterday I had a quart of grapefruit juice in the morning. I was really enjoying the grapefruit and wanted to incorporate some greens into it, so I decided to experiment. I had a container of baby spinach in the fridge that was close to borderline, so I salvaged what I could out of it and ended up with approximately 10 - 15 spinach leaves. I threw those into the juicer along with 2 large kale leaves and a green apple. The grapefruit juice was already in the jar and when I added the green juice to it, it was so pretty I had to shoot it. Check it out!

Now doesn't that look delicious?! Eye candy to the raw foodist. It wasn't so pretty after I mixed it all up, but it sure tasted great! I was quite pleased with the refreshing taste.

Green Grapefruit Juice
1-2 grapefruits (2 cups), juiced
2-3 kale leaves*
small handful of spinach*
1 green apple

Use citrus juicer to juice grapefruit. Set juice aside.
Juice kale, spinach and apple. Add green juice to grapefruit juice.
Admire pretty color, then blend and enjoy!

*You can use a combination of kale and spinach or either one of them; however, if you choose to use a different green, be sure it's mild so as not to overpower the grapefruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment